Road to Beijing

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Armstrong Prestige

Annaliisa and I didn't really have any expectations sbout the Armstrong except that we were going to try our best.

At the start it took us a while to get through the big bunch, and the numver of riders in front of us seemed never ending. This made me think we must be quite far back in the race and that there must be some tandems ahead of us.

As we raced we passed bunches and some tandems. The hill climbs went pretty well and after passing Jono and Karen on tandem we thought we may be the leading tandem. This gave me more drive and evans pass seeemed like a gentle uphill which we rode up at a decent pace. Annliisa really flew down the other side of evans and when we came off it I realised we still had a couple of km's to go before the finish and my legs were feeling like Jelly.

I bit the bullet and pushed. Annaliisa and I flew. We passed people and with about 1km to go caaught up with another bunch. The whole bunch sat on our wheel and drafted us- unril about 100m before the finish when they outsprinted us. I was knacked at that point as the wind was getting up making ir hard to ride. We finished first tandem though and won a voucher from Sepia bat and restaraint which we plan ro use for my graduation dinner!

I was knacked afterward and lay down as soon as I had finished eating some recovery food.




Though tandem riding is testing on Annaliisa and I's relationship, this race really goes to show that when we put our mind to it we really click and can work! We took 2hrs 23 mins to do the race which is nor roo shabby at all.

I am incredibly motivated now and cannot wait for our next race!

Neelu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home