Road to Beijing

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

All at once

We have ordered a bike! We got sponsered 10 grand by soverign insurance and have decided to get a Cannondale! We are hoping it will arrive by the nationals but if not we will ride Steve Gurney's tandem which should be good. We are going down to the Otago champs the weekend after next to have a look at the nationals course (as they are being held in Otago) and also to get a bit of experience on the bike. So hopefully we will get benefit from the familiaeity when it somes to nationals. As I am growing up I am learning that life is nor simple. Even if it is good things happening it has to happen in conjunction with everything else.

So the Royal New Zealand foundation for the blind has asked me and Analiisa to pose for some shots and do some interviews to help promotion. I am very happy to help as the foundation has been excellent in helping me to reintegrate into life after my brain injury. However they need our time asap, so it's just a little more stress.

And then this along with me starting work on monday which will be good but again a new situation so a litttle more stress.

And then my parents (and main support nettwork) are also going overseas. So I have lots of little stressors which can add up to something bigger. But I am learning that in order to be a mature adult I have to deal with this stuff. I am very lucky as I will still have plenty of support here, so I hope things will not get out of hand.

But I just don't understand. I have had the last 2 months off and nothing has happened till now. It doesn't make sense so I'm not even going to bother trying to figure it out.

I will write again soon
Neelu

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Neelu said...

Hey Paul,

I would love to get in touch. Can you leave me some details to get hold of you please?

Cheers
Neelu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home