Road to Beijing

Monday, August 21, 2006

Cycling or health?

The past week has been slow. I feel a bit burnt out. I guess part of it is the cold and the fact I have had to train in it 6 days a week. Last weekend was a good one thopugh. Hopefully a sign of things to come. I cannot wait for the summer when we can wear short sleeve riding shirts and no leg warmers and ride till 10pm! It's gonna be great! Anyway this down period of mine has coincided with my foot operation. I had the pin removed yesterday and have a couple of days off before I will start training again. So it's kind oh a blessing in disguuise. Hopefully this will freshen me up!

It's funny, I think during my degree I put off a lot of things as I was too busy to care. Anyway now all that ignorance is coming back to bite me in the bum. On sunday Annaliisa and I had planned to do a long ride around the gorges. However on saturday night my wisdom tooth got a horrible ache in it. It lasted all night and hence I got little sleep and could not ride the next day. My dentist tells me he wants me to get all four of my wisdom teeth pulled as there is a very large filling underneath one and it is making a hole in the molar in front of it. As there is a 3 month waiting list at the surgeon this is going to have to happen close to nationals. I am starting to get fed up with all this medical stuff. This blog is starting to sound like a health blug, not a cycling one! I want to get all my health stuff over and done with so I am healthy to get to Beijing.

Oh yeah I forgot about the race Annaliisa and I rode 2 weekends ago. It was Sefton, it was hilly and there was a strong wind which seemed to be a head wind about 90 percent of the time! Annaliisa and I ended up riding in the middle of two bunches by ourselves. We had no one to draft off and there were so many little hill climbs which knacked me. By the end of the race both Annaliisa and I had very warn out legs. During the first lap there was a horse. Now I didn't realise horses were so scared of bikes, but apparently they are. The horse went mad and whinnied and jumped around as the bunch came past. I didn't expecxt it so I paniced a bit too!

Anyway spring is getting closer with every passing day, so it can't be too far now.
Hopefully we can start to wear knee warmers soon!

Neelu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home