Road to Beijing

Friday, February 23, 2007

More comp

Hey. since sydney Annaliisa and I have had an interesting couple of weeks.

The first week back we were both aware we had to get back to training relatively quickly as we had nationals in inver in a couple of weeks. So we did. Well our minds were in it. Our legs were somrwhere else. The first couple of sessions were interesting. Annaliisa made a new word for the feeling, it is 'manure' as in it feels like s**t but of course Annaliisa being Annaliisa she doesn'i yalk in such profanities.

My first track session was hell. We did a flying 200m and I felt like my quad was ripped to shreds. It was a new and interesting feeling but not one I want to experience again!

So we are leaving on the 8 March for Wellington. We are going to do some riding in Levin, a camp in Wanganui and then ride the crit in Wellington. We then fly down for track nationals to Inver. We are racing 3 races down there. The pursuit, kilo and sprint. I am looking forward to it. Now I know what competition is like, I want to give it all I can. I feel Alfie and I have so much more to give- it just relies on me scaling up.

We have more competitions (maybe) after Inver back in Oz in Melb, but they have not been sorted yet. That is one thing about cycling. You never really know exactly what is going on until it is very close. Sometimes that's alright but I do find that it is a little hard at work when I just spring these dates on them...

So I will write again after Inver. I hope everything goes well and Annaliisa and I do some pb's. This weekend it is Kevin (manager;s) birthday. Sadly the weather is pretty average but we are off to play golf!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home